Vector Unit, the genius minds behind the popular jet-skiing game Riptide GP, have announced a new racing game called Beach Buggy Blitz. The developers are well known for their racing titles and we bet this one won’t disappoint either.
Unlike most of their other racing titles where you are trying to reach the end of the track or trying to complete the required amount of laps, Beach Buggy Blitz takes a different approach. This time they are focusing around an “infinite drive” mechanic in which the player needs to drive as far as possible through the lush detailed environment. You will be power-sliding through beaches and volcanoes, flying through the air off massive jumps and smashing through destructible environments.
- Action-Packed Off Road Racing. Powerslide through beaches, caves, swamps and volcanoes. Smash through completely destructible environments. Grab air off massive jumps. Punt seagulls and giant crabs and watch them go flying.
- “Infinite Drive” Environment. The procedurally generated environment means you can drive forever (at least until you wipe out), and it never plays out the same way twice.
- Tons of Unlockable Content. Earn coins to purchase new cars and costumes, upgrade your vehicle, unlock new powerups, and purchase out of this world consumables like the jaw-dropping Drop Ship.
- Totally Free to Play. You can unlock every single thing in the game without paying a dime.
- Optimized for Tegra 3. From the gorgeous models and textures, to the detailed driving and collision physics, to high-end special effects like motion blur, lens splash, and dynamic headlights – Beach Buggy Blitz is optimized to take console-quality gaming mobile with Tegra 3 processor-powered super phones and tablets. The game will be featured in TegraZone™, NVIDIA’s free app that showcases the best games optimized for the Tegra processor.
Along the way the players will be able to collect coins to unlock new upgrades and vehicles, purchase new costumes and even customize the game itself with the new power-ups and consumables. Vector Unit has retooled their Vector Engine 3 that has powered their other titles in the past. Beach Buggy Blitz will be the first title that will use this new engine and will feature console-quality graphics & effects that have been optimized for NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad core devices.
For those lucky developers who are at Google I/O this year, you’ll be able to play Beach Buggy Blitz at one of their Sandbox demos on Thursday, June 28th, 2012. The game is scheduled to ship later in July as a Tegra exclusive. The company has assured us that a non-Tegra device will surely follow.